Title: Turbo Pascal Software Developer
Job Number: 2275
Location: Seattle, WA
Job DescriptionParticipate as a team member on PC software development projects. Perform all design and development tasks, from analysis through implementation. Provide consultation and problem-solving support to Airborne customers and client departments. Most software systems supported by this team are PC and DOS based, written in Turbo Pascal using ISAM and object oriented tools. The current team project is to create a single shipping system that processes shipments to both US and international destinations. Currently these customer systems process 40% of Airborne's shipments, and are used by many of our largest customers. Future projects will include Windows based customer systems. If the chosen applicant does not have current Pascal skills, opportunity will be given to become familiar with the language, as well as the development tools.
- Experience as a programmer / analyst with progressive responsibilities in analysis, design, development, and support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Team oriented, self-starter with a proven ability to quickly learn new applications and development tools.
- Experience with systems development methodology.
- Understanding of structured design and programming techniques.
- A thorough user's knowledge of MS DOS and a basic understanding of PC hardware.
- Experience programming in Turbo Pascal (preferred), C, or C++.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience developing DOS real mode applications.
- Experience developing Windows applications.
- An understanding of Object Oriented techniques.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States
For more information, please reference job number and contact:
Email: [email protected]
(ASCII text please)
Information Systems Recruiter
3101 Western Avenue
PO Box 662
Seattle, WA 98111-0662
FAX (206) 286-4245
Home | Return To Top
Track Your Shipment | About Airborne | Services | Using Airborne | What's New? | Comments | Contents
© 1996 Airborne Freight Corporation -- All Rights Reserved