Title: UNIX Administrator/Distributed Systems Software Analyst
Job Number: 2551
Location: Seattle, WA
Job DescriptionAdminister Airborne's Distributed Systems Management (DSM) tools focusing on UNIX support. Provide software and hardware installation, integration, and upgrades as needed. Provide rigorous testing and certification efforts for tool releases and maintenance. Assist in identifying and implementing configuration standards, operational best-practices, procedure improvements and process automation. Provide on call and off hours support. Customer support and satisfaction are a primary focus.
- At least 3 years experience in the installation, support and administration of UNIX (system V, Rel. IV) in a production environment.
- Experience with systems management tools such as Tivoli TME or CA Unicenter TNG in a heterogeneous environment.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Ability to write complex shell scripts.
- Ability to balance work load between problem resolution and scheduled releases.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment providing DSM tools consulting support to project teams.
- Strong problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Think logically, be organized in planning and very attentive to detail where accuracy is necessary.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate solutions graphically and logically in clear, concise terms.
- A team player that can cooperate with others and communicate in a diplomatic fashion.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with HP9000 series hardware and HP-UX 9.x and 10.x is strongly desired.
- Windows NT, Novell Netware (using ManageWise) Administration experience.
- Desktop Windows95 Administration experience.
- Experience with layered product tools; Netview 6000, Autosys, Ecotools, TEST/1.
- Experience with Oracle7.
- Experience with Network administration; Bay network hubs and switches, Cisco routers.
- Experience with mainframe systems.
- Experience with high-level programming languages, i.e. C.
- Understanding of applications functions, interfaces, and data flow.
Note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States
For more information, please reference job number and contact:
Email: [email protected]
(ASCII text please)
Information Systems Recruiter
3101 Western Avenue
PO Box 662
Seattle, WA 98111-0662
FAX (206) 286-4245
Home | Return To Top
Track Your Shipment | About Airborne | Services | Using Airborne | What's New? | Comments | Contents
© 1996 Airborne Freight Corporation -- All Rights Reserved